Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dreaming of watercolor invitations

Recently I had the pleasure of exchanging emails with Becca Cahan who is a recent graduate of the Mass College of Art and Design. Like me, she has a love for invitations, design and beautifully crafted paper goods. Unlike me, she has an amazing skill set of hand lettering, watercolor and calligraphy. I spent a good deal of time wandering around her online portfolio daydreaming of her watercolor art as invitations. Below are just a few of my favorite designs she created that I can easily envision working as wedding or event invitations/announcements.

Courtesy of Becca Cahan
Courtesy of Becca Cahan

Courtesy of Becca Cahan
 
I love the way watercolor is never uniform throughout and LOVE the way she mixes lettering. Such talent! It's talent like this that makes me want to get married all over again just to work with Becca to create a watercolor invitation. I'm hoping that future brides-to-be will inquire about getting watercolor art incorporated into their invitations or save the dates. One thing for sure, it would truly be one-of-a-kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment