|String Chandeliers (without the light)|
|Rustic DIY Wedding setup with string chandeliers|
1. Inflate multiple sized balloons to a medium size so the shape is roundest.
2. Grab a tarp or old blanket to cover your work area. This gets VERY messy. Mix corn starch, glue and warm water together until it has a smooth texture.
3. Smear Vaseline all over your balloon until it is completely coated so the yarn wet with glue won’t stick on the balloon after dry.
4. This is ideally a two person job at minimum. I recommend one person feeding the yarn through the glue mix and giving to another person to wrap it around the balloon.
5. Start wrapping the balloon vertically, slowly changing to horizontal wrapping. For a seamless look, tuck the ends of the twine under one of the wrapped strings.
6. Wait 24 hours until the balloon has completely dried before popping the balloon.
7. Spray the string chandeliers with clear fast drying spray paint as a sealant. You can even spray the yarn a color.
Colored balloons (this will allow you to see the pattern of the wrapped string better) - I recommend sizes 9", 16", 24" and 30" for a variety of sizes
12 oz Elmer's glue,
White cotton yarn
Tray or bucket for glue mixture
2 cup of Corn starch
1 cup of Warm water
Clear fast drying spray paint
Fishing line to hang balloons from
*you may have to double/triple recipe based on the amount and size of chandeliers made.
The finished product is totally worth it :) I promise.